What to bring to a tutorial:
A sample of your writing
* This is not always necessary, but will help the tutor help you
* Best to bring is a draft of your assignment, or a paper that's already been graded
Information about the assignment
* Any instructions that your professor handed out to the class
Your questions, comments, and concerns
* Writing tutorials require your participation
* The more engaged you are, the more you'll get out of them
What we cannot offer:
Tutors cannot not write, edit, or proofread your work for you
* Tutors will teach you how to self-edit your work, so you can become a successful writer
* Besides, too much help would be unethical
Tutors cannot not explain course-specific content
* Speak with your professor or teaching assistant.
This last point is important; sometimes students come into the Writing Center with no clue about what they are writing or how they should go about it, and most of the time the tutor is no better informed. Just because Writing Center tutors are brilliant does not mean they have taken every class WKU has to offer. If you have a specific question about a course, ask the professor.
Hope this helps!